Frequently Asked Questions for Injured Workers

What benefits am I entitled to?

If your injury or illness is found to be job-related, you may be entitled to receive medical care for the injury or illness, disability payments for a portion of your lost wages, rehabilitation services and in the event of death, benefits payable to dependent survivors.

What happens if my claim is denied?

One option is filing a “Form C” claim for compensation through the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission. 

What is a lump-sum settlement?

A lump-sum settlement is when the insurer/employer agrees to pay the present value of the disputed claim at once, and his/her future obligations to the injured workers are fully and finally released.

I am not getting my check. What should I do?

First, contact your employer or your employer's insurance carrier. If you cannot resolve the problem, contact the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission.

When will I be paid?

The first payment of wage benefits is due to the injured employee on the 15th day following knowledge/proof of disability. There is a seven-day waiting period in Arkansas. If the disability continues for 14 days, the injured employee will be entitled to wage benefits for the first seven days.  

How much are wage payments?

Benefits are calculated at 66 2/3 percent of the injured worker’s average weekly wage, not to exceed a maximum rate as set by state law. Workers’ compensation payments are tax-free. 

How often will I receive a check?

Every other week.

Can I be reimbursed for mileage?

All related expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred for obtaining services, medicines and prosthetic devices should be paid. You should submit appropriate itemization to your workers' compensation insurance carrier or adjuster. Download a mileage reimbursement form.

Can I choose my own doctor?

An injured employee has the right to select one treating physician in any field or specialty deemed medically necessary. After the initial choice, the employee shall obtain prior consent from the insurer for any change of treating physician within that same field or specialty. For help locating a medical provider, use our Find A Provider tool and select Arkansas.

I keep receiving medical bills for my claim. What should I do with them?

All medical bills should be sent to the compensation insurance carrier.